The JPI Climate Central Secretariat is currently looking for a Junior Science Officer to join a small and dynamic team in Brussels and help supporting a series of on-going and upcoming activities at the Central Secretariat. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director of the JPI Climate Central Secretariat.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of decisions taken at the Governing Board level, such as the preparation of new joint calls and the implementation of Knowledge Hubs and alignment activities;
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation activities of JPI Climate. This includes the preparation, dissemination and analysis of progress reports from research projects funded under JPI Climate, as well as the planning, organisation and participation in relevant meetings
- Collaborate with and support the senior science officer in his responsibilities (preparation of draft supporting documents and minutes from the meetings of the different JPI Climate governance bodies);
- Contribute to the JPI Climate communication and outreach activities (manage and update the JPI Climate website and social media channels);
- Work closely with JPI Climate partners in a task force to prepare for an upcoming transnational joint call for research projects.
Job requirements and qualifications
- Masters' degree in management, political sciences, international relations, geography, sustainable development, social sciences, natural sciences or other relevant discipline;
- At least two years of relevant working experience, preferably in a European organisation;
- Experience in project management in a multicultural context;
- Experience with networks in climate research and related science policy fields is an asset;
- Strong interest in sustainability and climate policies;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical, organisational and drafting skills;
- Knowledge about the European research and research funding landscape is a plus;
- A collaborative team player, but with the ability to work independently;
- Flexibility, sense of humour and curiosity in unfamiliar issues is an asset.
Starting date As soon as possible.
Contract We offer a 6-month contract under Belgian law, with the possibility of extension.
Remuneration The applied salary scales are in line with those of the Belgian federal scientific institutions.
Please send your complete electronic application (CV and cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and experience) in English, together with contacts of at least two references, to email@example.com, until the 31 August 2021. Requests for additional information can be sent to the same address.