Fast Track Activities (FTAs)
In fast track activity, white papers are prepared on research priorities in climate change response, by:
- mapping and presenting research, and identifying research needs at usable knowledge from local to European level to corroborate the relevance of the research themes and to amend them
- discussing the research agenda with a wider number of experts
The white papers are a step towards the definition of joint calls and co-alignment activities.
The activities of these FTAs are now finished and the outcomes have been taking up by other current JPI Climate activities. An overview of the activities conducted was presented at the JPI Climate Symposium "Taking Stock and inspiring the future" (Nov. 2015).
- FTA 1.1: Decadal prediction including relevant observation, understanding, processes
- FTA 1.2: Towards a European strategy for climate modelling: coordination and next generation of climate models
- FTA 1.3: Changing cryosphere in the climate system, from observation to climate modelling
- FTA 2.1: Mapping users’ requirements: What do we know and what not?
- White Paper on Guidance to support the identification and assessment of users’ requirements, J. Bessembinder, R. Street, M. Themessl, E. Baños de Guisasola, P. Delecluse, R. Benestad. Concept.
- Workshop and Brokerage Demand driven climate services in Europe, Brussels, 2015
- Workshop on 'National Dialogues in Europe', Hamburg, 2014
- FTA 2.2: Mapping Climate Services Providers in Europe
- ERA-NET Cofund for Climate Services (ERA4CS) and 2016 Call
- FTA 4.1: Development of science-practice laboratories
- FTA 4.2: Effectiveness of knowledge transfer at the occasion of the publication of the IPCC AR5
- FTA 4.3: Impact modelling intercomparison programme ISI-MIP
- FTA 4.4: GHG verification
- FTA 4.5: Economic evaluation of impacts, adaptation and mitigation
- White paper on Economics of the cost and benefits of climate, Bosello F. et al., 2013
- Scoping Workshop on "Climate change impact and adaptation economics", Venice, 2014
- Workshop on Improving knowledge for enhanced climate change response and decision-making, Brussels, 2015
- Workshop on Knowledge Usability, Brussels, 2015
- Workshop "Climate Impact and Loss data for Europe", Berlin, 2015